KEY STEPS IN SIP PREPARATION
1. Analyze school needs and identify desired results with emphasis on improving student performance.
· Pupil development
· Teacher-Administrator Development
· Physical Plant Development
· School – Community Partnership
· Resource Generation and Fund Mgt.
o HOW DID YOU ANALIZE THE NEEDS OF YOUR SCHOOL?
o WHAT WAS YOUR BASIS?
o WHAT DOCUMENTS WERE CONSIDERED?
o WHAT BASELINE DATA DO YOU HAVE?
GUIDELINES ON THE EVALUATION OF SIP:
1. Does the plan contain a vision – mission statement clearly expressing the following?
* What they want their school to be?
* What kind of pupils the school, the parents and the community want to produce?
* What kind of teachers the pupils, parents and the community want them to be?
2. Does the plan consider the immediate needs and concern of the school?
B. Stakeholders Participation:
1. Were the stakeholders involved in the development of SIP?
* Students, Teachers, Parents/ PTCA
* LGU (Barangay, Municipal, Prov.)
* Other Interested community Organization, Representative from the division.
2. Are the roles and accountabilities of each stakeholder clear and accepted by them?
1. Are the objectives and targets :
* Clear and specific?
* In consonance with the school vision and mission?
* Consistent with the identified needs and problems to be solved or minimized in the school?
2. Are the proposed activities and strategies appropriate to solve the identified problems and needs?
D. Doability / Feasibility :
1. Are the proposed strategies and activities doable? Feasible?
2. Is the time frame or target schedule of activities realistic and manageable?
3. Is the budget manageable?
4. Are the needed human resources available?
E. Synchronization / Alignment:
1. Were the baseline data utilized as inputs in the following:
- INSET designed
- Instructional Programs
- Students Achievement
2. Is there utilization of inputs in the planned activities that address their specific school needs and concerns?
- Instructional Materials
- Classroom Repairs/ constructions
3. Are there specific plans, activities, and tools for monitoring and evaluation (progress and results) of various interventions?
F. Sustainability ( Institutional, technical , financial )
1. Are there provisions for schools/ institutions to sustain the finish project?
2. Are there provisions for linkages and networking with external agencies like LGU’s, NGO’s and other government institutions?
3. Are there provisions for counterpart involvement of concerned institutions/community?
4. Are there provisions for documentation of practices and lessons learned in the operationalization of SIP?